2.13.2011

Staying Warm in the Cold.

So hello to all you people out there surfing the internet. If you're bored (which seems to be the norm when browsing) I hopefully cant find a way to entertain you, or at least make you say, "Ah, cool", even if just for a second.

So although it has been pretty cold, dead, and ugly here in Knoxville for a few months, that hasn't stopped me from going through some of my old stuff and maybe doing a bit (often a lot) in photoshop to them for your viewing pleasure.

But before hand, I just want to say, don't think I only enjoy taking a picture just to alter it in an editing software, no. I really do enjoy the very essence of going out, taking a picture, and leaving it the way it is. That, in fact, is more often than not, my main goal. I primarily take pictures for them to never even see a Photoshop or LightRoom program, but instead, printable the second the shutter clicks upward from the exposure.

Photoshopping is in, and of itself, its own art form. I do it mostly to shoot the breeze.

I say this mainly because most of these photos are pretty heavily tweaked. But like I said, it's cold and nasty outside and pictures would come out pitiful haha.
















Also, for my Monoprint class, we're doing some, well, prints? Anyway, I did these today as well. Took me a while, but I liked how they turned out. The first one (with the guy and a mic) isn't finished yet, I still have to add color and background. It was fun though!







So that's all from me for now! I'll post again soon!

Go into the world and show what you really stand for. Show it that there is something greater in this existence than the idols of this world.

-Taylor Stewart

1 comment: